Friday, March 27, 2009

A New Day...and More Snow!

Oh my... we seem to go from Winter to Summer with a day or two of Spring tossed in for good measure.

I have daffodils up and smiling at me with their lovely yellow skirts... yet I've not been out to clean up that bed yet...so they are coming up through the winter junk...

I see the snowbells with a hint of hyacinth's... The tulip leaves are peeking up through the cool soil...begging for some sunshine.


The cherry and apricot tree buds are starting to swell with a hint of color showing at the tips... Spring comes to our valley inspite of the weather... sometimes the snow pinches the blooms and the fruit will be put off for a year. Apple blossoms are still around the corner...a bit early...but swelling is the start of this process.

The forsythia is showing yellow tints... this is exciting... and it's freezing outside... It's hard to get excited when the sun doesn't shine. Then the sun peeks out from behind the clouds and the sky clears to a vivid blue and then you see the new fresh colors all around your world.

I have been sitting by a window today...to cold to go out...the wind cutting to the bone...yet the sun has been shining... Tomorrow I will go out and see the new treasures...and thank my Heavenly Father for the moisture and the sunshine and the beautiful Spring day in Salt Lake Valley...

No comments: