Sunday, November 23, 2008

T h a n k s g i v i n g 2008

Well the holiday burst is upon us...Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!

Black Friday is coming far to quickly...though it's not black for me cuz' I'm not shopping this year.

We are meeting with Louise and John, Kristy and family; along with Holly's family to share our feast on Thursday.

Then on Saturday we will cook our own Turkey and play some games with the grandkids...They will all be here with the exception of Dylan who is going to Snowflake, AZ with Jessica this year.

I look forward to the holiday season; not the shopping, bustling about, pushing and shoving, the lines at the stores; I love the sounds of the season...watching "The Christmas Carol", making candy, the hymns, the decorations of a tree with soft sparkling lights, snow on the ground (not to drive tho :) ), the way we give a bit more of ourselves, a visit with a friend, the smell of cinnamon in the air, the annual cookie bake with the grandchildren, my mother's 'fruit cake', and of course the music, to sing or to just listen to the sounds, etc.

I think I like more of the holidays, than I do not like... I really don't mind standing in line, I just visit with those in front of me and behind me... make conversation to pass the time... It's hard to not like the holidays... Because we are celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I do feel sad for those less fortunate than ourselves... So I dig a bit deeper into my storehouse and share a bit of our bounty with them... the food pantrys are empty this year with the joblessness...prices have risen again... The call for help is everywhere... I think if we all try to do our part, give a bit more offerings...smile more, give a little time, or a can or two of food, just do something to help the cause...then we will have a wonderful holiday spirit within our homes...

Happy Thanksgiving...
Eat and rejoice in the bounty we have been blessed with...
Give thanks to our Heavenly Father...
Be kind to those around us...

No comments: