Friday, February 24, 2012

Spring??? Garden???

I am never sure about the weather in this state... this past week it's been in the high 50's...   I'm ready to plant my garden.  The funny part about this we are so far away from the actual date of spring that to do anything would be killer.

So... This is what I'm going to do... Start things indoors.  Most plants take a minimum of 50 days from seeds...

Making a list of wants:  Tomato, sliced and roma, bell peppers, bush beans, cucumbers, crook necked squash and zucchini squash, maybe a cherry tomato too... I'm thinking maybe a little butter lettuce or spinach... I only have 1 grow box that is 4 x 8 but I can put some pots inside of the green house that we bought at Sam's Club.

The beans are best sown directly into the ground... I'm thinking some carrots, too. Soooooooo  What do I need to do to start these things in the 'green house'???   What ya think??  Any ideas on the subject? Or hints?  Or energy?  hahaha

3 comments:

Quilters Toolbox said...

I was just thinking the same thing. Last week we were in Mexico wearing shorts and sandles. All the granddaughters and I went on an excursion where we went to a Mexican Ranch and made homemade Salsa, tortillas, Chile rienos (can't spell it) refried beans, etc.... I came back this week and thought, I don't think I can wait until spring for the good stuff. You are planting all the things I want, except an AVOCADO tree.You always have such a green thumb. I always admire your efforts. What about squash???

Quilters Toolbox said...

Opps. You said squash. My mistake.

LiVeLifeLoveThomasFamily said...

I am excited to put our garden in this year... We have to move the sandboxs and the swing set to the other side of the yard...Which that will be a chore in itself but that will be in a shadder spot... where the kids play and I wont have to worry about Sun blarring down on them...and than were going to build boxes like we did at your old house and wish for success...