Thursday, August 11, 2011

Square Foot Gardening




WOW...


 For only an 8X4 this plot is rocking.  I need to thank our landlord for allowing me to kill some lawn.  It's not deep... but it's mighty.  We had snow the 1st of June so I bought well developed tomatoes...  about $9 a piece.  Well worth it cuz I'm getting tomatoes... Yeah!!  The beans are bush and very close to each other... Just budding and growing and we are eating and eating. 


Neither Mike or I are tired
of fresh green beans yet. 
Yum!!
















We've gotten a few crooked neck squash ... this is small...


This is the biggest zucchini so far.  I haven't let them grow cuz I don't want 3 feet of BIG zucchini... The radishes went to seed, Al didn't pick them when they were good... He wanted them BIG... haha not in our garden space.  Oh well... it's all good.

This is the one and only bell pepper... and so far no jalapeno's ... they were not so grande when they got planted and I'm thinking they are not getting enough sun... Oh well... some days are winners and some are just whiners...


 
 The beans are close but seem to be having a great time in the sunshine and the rain...





 The tomatoes are loaded... they are just wanting to be picked and gobbled... R U Game???




 It's not much... but fresh vegies are delightful...

I've gotta run and get those beans snapped and in a pot...

Mike ate all the tomatoes while I was up here blogging...

dah...

guess I will have to peek again to see if any are still out on the vines...





TaTa!!!

No comments: