Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Rest of the Story... Shaver's House

I guess I should have asked them if I could blog their house... oops, guess it's to late to ask now.


One of the very special helpers was Tinker Bell otherwise known as Tink...
Both "kids" got very good and hiding from both Matt and Bennett...
Then we have the newcomer, Snickerdoodle, otherwise known as Snickers...


The house was build in 1911 by Ron's grandfather. It was like living in a wonderful museum. I mean that in a good way... I love antiques that do not look like junk... I was in love with this house.

I slept in the wedding bed of Pam's grandmother.


















We bathed in the original claw foot tub.



They have a root cellar for their foods... my potatoes and carrots would love to have a root cellar to live in instead of a bin in the fridge.




The only complaint I had was not air conditioning and it was 102 outside...at the time.  I don't do heat on a good day and that is why I live in the desert...it's dry.


We went up these fun stairs and lived on the 2nd floor.
Holly, Bennett and Matt got the master bedroom with a window air conditioner. Lucky kids...





Matt was very curious about the heater on the floor.  It was one I remember from Santa Ana when my dad was in Turkey.  Mark walked across the grate one morning to burn his feet... It was painful and he had a grid on the bottom of his feet for awhile.



 

He had a very good time.
He wanted to use the telephone on the wall... but Ma Bell wasn't that old.



Aunt Neva and I were room mates... I asked her to pose on the stairs to show how steep they were. The wood was all original and I was in love. The house had nooks and crannies that the new houses do not have. A window seat here and an alcove there... sigh.
So enjoy the pictures and remember I am not a professional at anything... and that what I do, I do for fun. 

No comments: